Valentine's Sugar Cookie Recipe
Is that a 'Yes' I hear ? Well, heres an activity that's bound to get your little ones involved!
Sugar Cookies are quick & easy to make and a super fun sensory activity to do with your little one. It helps provide a range of Early Years development skills such as focus and attention, hand eye coordination, language (as they talk about what they do), patience (this may also apply to yourself HA) and those all important tasting experiences as they go.
I've just made these with my 3 year old nephew as a Valentine's gift for his mummy, and we had an absolute blast! Lots of giggles, lots of mess, what's not to love! So roll up your sleeves and enjoy!
I N G R E D I E N T S:
- 130 grams butter (room temperature)
- 130 grams sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs milk
- 400 grams plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Icing Sugar
M E T H O D:
- Cream the butter, sugar & vanilla extract.
- Add the egg & milk. Beat till fluffy.
- Sift the flour & baking powder into the mixture and combine into a dough.
- Wrap the dough and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Knead the dough and roll out.
- Cut into your desired shapes, I chose hearts!
- Place onto baking paper on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180°C/375°F.
F O R T H E I C I N G:
- 130 grams of icing sugar
- Add a tbs of water at a time till you reach the desired consistency.
- Drizzle onto your biscuits.
We would love to see the pictures of your Valentine's Sugar Cookies, tag us on social media so we can check them out!